Saving Time in the Parks with Mobile Ordering
Walt Disney World® recently introduced mobile ordering, which makes this blogger super excited for her next trip to the parks. Mobile ordering allows you to order food and beverages at select Quick Service restaurants in advance, saving you time, and agony, especially if you have hungry little ones with you who don't feel like waiting in a long line for food.
There are a couple of key things you need to know and do before you set out to place your first mobile order. First, you need to download the My Disney Experience app to your mobile device. It is available in both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Second, you must have a credit card or debit card connected to your My Disney Experience account. Mobile ordering isn't currently accepting orders with gift cards or dining plans. Also, if you have special dietary request, you should skip mobile ordering and speak directly with the Cast Members at the restaurant to be sure your food is prepared as required.
Once you have the app on your phone, placing a mobile order is easy!
1. Open the My Disney Experience app.
2. Tap on the image of your character. Mine is Minnie Mouse.
3. Scroll to "My Plans" and press "Order Food."
4. Choose your restaurant. I went with Satu'li Canteen in Pandora - The World of Avatar, which is part of Animal Kingdom.
5. Press "Order Food" again.
6. Choose your menu items.
7. Review your order and press purchase. Remember, you must have a credit or debit card connected to your My Disney Experience account to complete your order.
8. When you arrive at the restaurant, open the app, tap on your character, and press "I'm here. Prepare my order."
9. Pick up your food at the Mobile Order Pick Up area once you receive a phone notification that your food is ready.
Here is a list of restaurants currently offering mobile ordering:
Disney's Hollywood Studios ABC Commissary Backlot Express PizzeRizzo
Magic Kingdom Columbia Harbour House Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe Pinocchio Village Haus
Tomorrowland Terrace (Operates seasonally, so check the app when you arrive at the park to see if it is open.)
Epcot® Electric Umbrella Liberty Inn
Disney's Animal Kingdom Flame Tree Barbecue Pizzafari Restaurantosaurus Satu’li Canteen
Disney Springs D-Luxe Burger
Come back here or visit our Facebook page and tell us how mobile ordering worked for you!