Five Holiday Must-Dos at Walt Disney World®
One of the many items on my Walt Disney World® bucket list is to experience the holidays at the parks. The most magical place on earth during the most magical time of the year? How can you not want to check that out?
Walt Disney World® decks the halls from top to bottom, left to right, and all points in between. From the treats to the parades, the merchandise to the celebrations, there are so many amazing ways you can experience the holidays during a visit to the parks or Disney Springs®. It can be overwhelming to figure out where to start planning your visit, so I've put together a list of five must-dos for when visiting Walt Disney World® during the holidays.
The Christmas tree at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort
(Photo Credit: Magical Pix by Candi)
1. Shopping at Disney Springs®. No matter who is on your list, you're sure to find something fabulous for him or her at more than 100 stores carrying everything from Disney souvenirs to home decor to high-end fashion and jewelry. When you need a break from all that shopping, you can stop for a bite to eat or a cold drink at one of the more than 50 restaurants or food kiosks. Disney Springs® is also decked out for the holidays with 25 Disney-themed Christmas trees. Bring the kids along and complete Stitch's Holiday Gift Hunt to earn a limited-edition button. With so much to do and see, you could easily spend an entire day exploring all the Disney Springs® has to offer for the holidays.
2. Sunset Seasons Greetings at Disney's Hollywood Studios. This all-new nighttime spectacular joins "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!" at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the holiday season starting November 9th. This show features projections of Mickey, Minnie, and other Disney characters on the billboards that line Sunset Boulevard. Rumor has it that a famous hotel tower will also be transformed and a certain favorite snowman will make an appearance. The lights and other decorations around Echo Lake are sure to make Disney's Hollywood Studios one of the merriest places to be in Walt Disney World® this holiday season.
3. The Candlelight Processional at Epcot®. One of the more unique holiday experiences at Walt Disney World® is the Candlelight Processional. This special event is hosted nightly by a celebrity, who tells the biblical tale of Christmas while accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and mass choir. The Candlelight Processional does not require a special event ticket, though you can get guaranteed seating by booking a special Candlelight Dining Package. Contact your MousePros agent for more information on how to book one of these packages.
4. Epcot® International Festival of the Holidays. Formerly known as "Holidays Around the World," this special event takes place at World Showcase and features the holiday traditions of each pavilion's home country. Of all the holiday experiences, this one is the reason "visit during the holidays" is on my Walt Disney World® bucket list. I would love to see what Christmas and other holidays are like in other countries! In addition to the pavilion festivities, World Showcase will include 15 Holiday Kitchens featuring international holiday foods. More information on the holidays at Epcot® will be coming to the blog in October, so stay tuned!
5. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Much like Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, the Main Mouse hosts a Christmas party unlike any other you've ever been to. Held on select nights in November and December in Magic Kingdom Park from 7 pm - midnight, this event includes themed entertainment, unique photo opportunities, and seasonal food. You must have a special event ticket to attend this must-do holiday party. I'll have more information on what to expect at this event, including dates, show times, and ticket prices on the blog next month.
(Photo Credit: Magical Pix by Candi)
As always, dates and times for all Walt Disney World® special events are subject to change, so please check with your MousePros agent for the latest information before making any arrangements.
There are so many fun ways to celebrate the holidays at Walt Disney World®! Which one are you hoping to experience? Let me know in the comments! Want to check it all out for yourself first-hand? Contact MousePros today for a free, no obligation quote on a Disney® holiday vacation.